Newsletter Signup

Thursday, 11 October 2012

KCWC Day 3

Day 1 and 2 were a no go for me.  My hubby was in town, and since we only see him for a week every 6 to 10 weeks, that meant no sewing for me.  I'm ok with that cause I am seriously missing the man!!  After 23 years together not spending everyday with him (he's still in SK settling our affairs there) is hard.  Hopefully it's almost over though :)

So for Day 3 I managed to sew a new top for Sid.  She picked the fabric out herself, so she loves it and wore it to school today.  Without further ado I give you KCWC Day 3 - Thrifted orange fabric dolman sleeve top with tie at the waist.





Please forgive the really horrible pictures.  I am really not a good photographer and it was raining outside so I had to make to with against the wall shots.  Not great I know but I hope you get the general idea.

I have some new pictures ready of the first few projects I posted so I will be re-posting those plus I have a tutorial for this shirt in the works and a few other cute KCWC items on the way.

Hope you had and are having a wonderful day :)

Tracy

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy! I saw you on Flickr and this is cute! I have two older girls and I think they would love this. Did you use a pattern or is it your own creation? Good job!

    ps, sorry about your hubby being gone. I can't last a day without mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pattern but lots of inspiration from the sewing blog world. Sid is 9 (almost 10) and getting pretty picky about her clothing. Letting her pick the fabric and decide the basic shape of the shirt really helped its wearability in her eyes.

      Delete
  2. My daughter (11) would also love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great shirt for older girls. Stylish and versatile but not too fitted so those sensitive about their changing bodies can still feel comfortable.

      Delete