Newsletter Signup

Thursday, 11 October 2012

Patchwork Fabric Basket (better pics)

I don't usually follow tutorials completely.  I almost always change something or other.  This tutorial by Ayumi on her blog Pink Penguin is an exception.  When you look at my version you will see how truly unskilled I am at quilting.  I still love how it turned out though and so did Sid.  She wanted it immediately and I was happy to give it to her.  It was practice for Christmas presents so all in all I'm pleased.  It's got lots of flaws, not the fault of the tutorial but totally my doing.  I hope I get better at it as I create more for loved ones.

The patchwork fabric is from some fat quarters I had in my stash.  The linen is upcycled from a shirt I got at the thrift store.  And yes I used neon orange thread, I think I'm addicted to my neon thread.  My last 6 or 7 projects have been sewn with it.  Go check out Ayumi's Blog - Pink Penguin for more great tutorials and many beautiful and beautifully sewn items to drool over.





Hope you had and are having a wonderful day!

Tracy



No comments:

Post a Comment