Newsletter Signup

Monday, 12 November 2012

AJ`s Gym Shirt - By Request



 AJ doesn`t ask me to sew things for him very often.  So when he does I do my best to create what he asks for.  This time he asked for a gym shirt.  He was very specific.  It had to be out of the grey sweatshirt material, it had to be a tank top and no it couldn`t be embellished in any way.  Even adding the black ribbing was a stretch but in the end he really liked it.


The bands turned out perfect on the sleeves but the neckline I am not proud of.  Since I didn`t have a ready made pattern and as usual created my own by tracing an existing shirt, I wasn`t sure exactly how long to make the ribbing.  Turns out less is more in terms of necklines.  It looks pretty good until he puts it on.  The it gapes a bit with the black ribbing sagging in the middle at the front.  I hate looking at it to be honest but AJ loves the shirt and wouldn`t let me take the neckline apart to make the ribbing smaller.  He was too impatient and wanted to bring it to school right away.  Oh well, live and learn!

On the plus side he really does like it and for me that is the best compliment.  Especially from a boy who grabs whatever his hand lands on first (whether it`s clean or dirty!!) and throws it on in the morning.  So this one is going in the success column despite it`s mistakes.




I hope you have and are having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment