Newsletter Signup

Monday, 12 November 2012

Sidney`s Dolman Top - Version 1




 This is the first Dolman Sleeve Top I created for Sid.  She chose the fabric and asked for the button detail.  I added the tie at the bottom hoping she`d like it and she did.  The only real problem with this top is that it`s a bit too short for her long back.  That means butt crack showing when she`s playing.  Something I`m not a fan of, as I`m sure most of you out there aren`t. 

Sid still wears this top a lot.  Like every time it`s washed but I really wish I had made it longer.  I`m thinking of detaching the band and creating a wider one.



I love how the tie turned out!  Gives it a bit of style which my little fashionista likes.



I managed to mach of the stripes fairly well.  A fact that I`m proud of since this shirt was probably only my second time sewing stripes.


If I was asked right now what my favorite sewing notion is I would answer ``My neon thread``.  My last 10 or 12 projects have been sewn with neon thread with the exception of AJ`s pillowcase and a few things I created for one of the neighborhood kids birthday.



For the elastic closure I used a hair elastic.  They come in so many colors and are so cheap that you can stock up and always have the one you want right there when you want it.  Hide them from your girls though or they will end up in their hair instead of on their clothes!!!

Hope you have and are having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment