Newsletter Signup

Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Camping and some vintage style shorts :)

We went camping at Wadin Bay over the weekend.  It was fun as usual and it was especially nice to make some new memories there.  I think it's been about 6 years since we went there as a family.  Curious thing we discovered, which I had never noticed before, it can be spelled Waden or Wadin depending on what sign you look at and if you are talking to a local or someone from out of town.  The local way seems to be Wadin which is how I have always spelled it but the sign on the highway says Waden and the Saskatchewan parks site spells it Wadin.  So take your pick I guess!

First up are some pictures of Allie wearing a shirt I made for her 3 years ago!!!  Yes it still fits my skinny mini!! and a pair of vintage style shorts that I used this tutorial from Dana found on MADE. I didn't use Dana's pattern (sorry Dana!) but only because I try not to spend money on my sewing.  I made a pair for Allie using an old sheet and the bias was made from a vintage sheet (70's, I know cause I had the same sheet in purple as a child).  I made a pair for Sid too using the same navy sheet and bias made from the pink vintage sheet I used for her romper seen I didn't use Dana's pattern (sorry Dana!) but only because I try not to spend money on my sewing.  I made a pair for Allie using an old sheet and the bias was made from a vintage sheet (70's, I know cause I had the same sheet in purple as a child).  I made a pair for Sid too using the same navy sheet and bias made from the pink vintage sheet I used for her romper seen here.


These pictures weren't taken specifically to show the shorts but to show Allie's muscles :)

  

The edge of the leg is flipped up but they still look so comfy!


Your are so beautiful Allie!  Even when you make strange faces :)


Important conversations took place on the hammock.  I am very glad I bought it years ago because the kids use it a lot when we camp.  Especially not that they are all old enough to get on and off by themselves. 


I love the look on her face here but she doesn't!  It makes me wonder what they were talking about.


The obligatory teen self portrait by Jess.


Phil took them out in the canoe (Thanks Rory for lending it to us!!) and Coda joined them.  I think this was one of the highlights of the weekend for all of them.


Jess finally went swimming on the last day during the last few minutes we were at the beach.  The water is so cold here in Northern Saskatchewan that it's hard to convince yourself to go in sometimes.


LOL she hates this picture.  I took it just after she went into the water.  This is how she looks when she isn't having fun yet!!!


Allie played by herself at the park for about an hour while Sid and AJ were swimming and canoeing with Phil.


Tonka at almost a year old.  She is getting very dominant and attacked Coda for a watermelon peel very soon after this.  I love her lots and when we are alone she is an amazing dog but with Coda she is horrible!!!  I really hope she can be trained out of her dominance as she matures.


My beautiful Sid!!!


Coda at 9 years old is finally becoming a sort of obedient dog lol.   She is mellowing and slowing down a bit but most people don't believe she is 9 when they meet her.  That husky blood just keeps on ticking!!


A.J. chilling in the water.


Ha ha Phil is not going to be happy that I posted a picture of him but I love him so I did <3  Deal with it babe mwah!

Well that's 15 out of 356 pictures from out camping weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment