Newsletter Signup

Friday, 16 August 2013

Bumblebee Dress Released!

I was lucky enough, this past week, to test the Bumblebee Dress Pattern by Sewing Mama RaeAnna.  I  was so slow compared to the other testers, wow those ladies impressed and intimidated me!  In the end I decided to flip the pattern and created a cropped peplum top and skirt using the pattern pieces.  


Here is how to recreate my look:
1)  Buy the pattern here
2)  Print the pattern pieces - Make sure your printer doesn't "fit to page" or the pieces may not print at the          correct size.
3)  Decide what size and view you want to sew.
4)  Cut out that size.  You will need to tape some of the pattern pieces together but RaeAnna has made it            very easy by adding some cute little stars.  All you have to do is make the star and your pieces will be            just perfect.
5)  For theTop: I used the pattern pieces and instructions from View B but I left out the ruffles.
6)  When you get to the part where you are cutting out the bottom of the shirt just use half of the  length               measurement that RaeAnna gives.  This will give you the cropped top look.  Use the same width                   measurements that RaeAnna has on her cute and easy to use chart.
7)  For the Skirt: Use the original measurements for the bottom of the dress but add 2 inches to the length.
8)  Make a basic skirt.  You can google how to sew a basic skirt if you have never made one before.  There      are so many easy to follow tutorials out there by sweet and helpful ladies.
9)  Try your new outfit on the little one of your choice and watch her smile!!


Shy Allie!  Actually she is just posing and this is her version of  how a model looks :)


The back.  It looks like such a comfortable and breezy summer outfit to me!


If you've read any of my other blog posts you will know that Allie loves to climb trees.  She really wanted to climb this one but I figured it wasn't really appropriate in a skirt!!


So she settled for admiring the tree LOL


This is her grasshopper impression :)


Trying to climb these flimsy trees.  No Allie!!


Ok Mom I am outta here then!


But first I am going to pretend I am a cat cause you know I love cats.  Why can't I have a cat Mom?  Well Allie for the 122 time Coda and Tonka would eat a cat.  Some dogs can coexist quite nicely with cats but unfortunately for you ours aren't that type!!!


Alright well that's done.  Bye Mom, I'm going to play in the mud in my new outfit.  Yes she did play in the mud but I don't mind.  I sew things so she will wear them and if they are worn, loved and get dirty, well then so be it.



P.S.  I don't love how blogger's formatting works.  I really want my pictures centered and my writing justified to each margin but it keeps messing everything up grrrr!


1 comment:

  1. LOL! My kids do the same thing! I made Christian an adorable 1st day of preschool shirt and I can't get out the dirt stains. :( I bought some new stain fighting gel so hopefully that will help! :) Thank you so much for posting your tutorial! I will have a post in a few days linking to the great tutorials that have been shared!!!

    ReplyDelete