Newsletter Signup

Thursday, 5 September 2013

Bumblebee Dress Take Two!!!

Sewing Mama RaeAnna is working on the older girl sizes of her fabulous Bumblebee Dress Pattern.  I was lucky enough to test it and here are some pictures of the results.  Yes, there are a lot of pictures.  I seem to have trouble when it comes to limiting myself but hey it's my blog :)

This time I sewed up View A.  Last time I used View B.

This time I only added a bit of my own spin to RaeAnna's Pattern.  I cut out 4 strips for the arm ruffle, two of blue and two of beige.  Then I folded the blue strips in half and ironed them.  I hemmed the beige and then attached the two colors together before gathering them and sewing them onto the sleeves.

This version reminds me of a Snow White Dress.  Especially the pictures of Allie with Fluffy Belly.  He is her rabbit and she named him when he was only a few days old.  He is one of our babies.  Sadly over the Summer the daddy rabbit Whisky passed away.  We were away in Saskatchewan and he was at a Rabbit Sitters House.  I miss his awesome and sweet personality.  He loved sitting in the window and watching the dogs.


Look at me!


Wait maybe don't cause I'm shy!


Closeup of the sleeve ruffles.


I am still trying to decide if I should add more buttons or not.  I like it with one but I am afraid it will be a bit too breezy for Allie.



Allie and Fluffy Belly sitting on top of Fluffy Belly's cage.  Jess and her boyfriend Marc made this cute rabbit cage from found objects!


Fluffy Belly has a Lop Eared Dad and a Rex Mom so he is a bit mixed up.  Most of the babies ended up with one ear standing up and one lop ear.  It kind of cracks me up!!!


She really loves him <3


And he is a very gentle rabbit because she handles him all the time.



A.J., Fluffy Belly and Allie.  Wonder what they are talking about?


A.J. swears that Fluffy Belly's favorite food is the leaves from my lilies.

Well that's all for this installment.  I hope you will consider buying RaeAnna's beautiful and easy to sew Bumblebee Dress Pattern if you have a girl to sew for.  And remember that the larger sizes are coming soon!!


2 comments:

  1. Your pictures make me wish I lived in the country! Our part of town is major suburbia but 3 miles away is beautiful farmland that we would love to live on one day! :) Great job on the dress!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do love living here but when the ride on lawnmower breaks down it's a real bummer! Took me 4 hours to cut half my lawn this week. Then my dad came over and told me that he had turned the gas off on the ride on while I was away. Doh!! It was a fun dress to sew up and I will make more.

      Delete