Newsletter Signup

Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Me at 40 - Through Sidney's Eyes


Like many women I dislike pictures of myself and generally avoid the camera.


My 40 year old shape is not my friend.


However I have 3 daughters and I believe it's important for me to love myself so that they learn to love themselves.


So here I am through Sidney's eyes at 40.


I am a wife and a mommy to 4.


Time has changed my shape and had added some winkles and sags.


But I'm still me and I'm still beautiful.  I try to tell myself this but I don't usually believe it.


My kids don't care if I have a bit of weight around the middle and wrinkles around my eyes.  And they couldn't care less if I sag a little.


They make me so proud and I want to do the same.  I want them to see me as a Mom to be proud of.  I hope they will read this one day and know that posting pictures of myself is hard but that I am doing it so that when they are 40 they will still love themselves.



2 comments:

  1. I think you're gorgeous! I would LOVE your hair!!! soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks RaeAnna :) You made my day.

      Delete