Newsletter Signup

Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Pink and Grey are perfect for play!


I made this outfit months ago.  In the spring in fact but it was too big for her then so I saved it for the fall.


Well she grew so much over the summer that I am lucky it fits her!!!


The pants are from an old Butterick Busybodies pattern I bought at a garage sale.  The bolero is from a Simplicity pattern I bought years ago, probably 10 to 12 years ago.  I made the dress and the little jacket for Jess for a Christmas concert when she was 7!!!


It's not a very good picture of them.  This is the main reason I haven't done any tutorials yet.  Not only am I a horrible photographer but I have nowhere to take the pictures and no money to invest.  I have been thinking lately that I should maybe buy some white poster board and tape it up somewhere but it wouldn't solve the lighting issue.


She wasn't thrilled about having to stay still for a minute.


But she did a great job and I took tons of pictures of her where she decided on the pose.


That made her happy.


See?


The pocket is really simple to do and I wish I had thought of it on my own so I could incorporate it into a pattern of my own!!!  But alas I didn't.


I love how this picture turned out in terms of lighting and color and clarity.  Too bad she was running away!!!


And this is why she was running away.  Her big brother and sister and their friends arrived at the park.  We have a vintage park :)  That's what you get in the country but I'm not complaining because at least we have a park!!


2 comments: