Newsletter Signup

Tuesday, 12 April 2016

It's $2 Tuesday at Plain Digital Wrapper

Stop by and check out all the great sales from the PDW designers!!!  This week I have these kits on sale for $2.
http://www.plaindigitalwrapper.com/shoppe/product.php?productid=7962&cat=50&page=2 
To get the color scheme for Love You Mom I used a picture of my Mom from the 60's.  She was sitting on the hood of my dad's car and looked so beautiful.  I wish I could share it here but it's on my old computer and I am currently updating it so can't grab the pic.  I also used some art that my late grandfather (my mom's dad) created.  He was quite an excellent artist and I often wish I could talk to him about pattern creation which was his job.  He created patterns for carpets by hand.  No computers in his day, although I suspect that around the time he retired they were switching over to computer generated patterns.  As a teenager I received one of his carpets as a gift but I ruined it when I first moved out.  At the time he was still alive and I didn't think much of it.  I now wish I had been more careful and could display the carpet in my home and show my kids what their great grand father created.  The carelessness of youth does sometimes come back to haunt us.

While I have you here, check out these super $2 Tuesday offerings from Southern Creek Designs


She has lots more on sale but these caught my eye.  I think I may beg her for the CU So Complicated 7 ha ha!

Have a great day everyone.  My new kit is making me happy and I will have it ready to share soon :)









5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I really do like the Mothers and Daughters kit and pinned it so I can buy it later on. Love the colors, blue and purple are my favorits, although I'm a color addict and like all colors. Also liked very much your story how you created the kit what inspired you, think it's great you are willing to share this with us ! Thank you and take care Tracy :) = happy smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorite kits ever as well. Blue is my favorite color, any shade. Glad you liked my story, sometimes I wonder if anyone will care but then I remember my kids will so I post anyhow ha ha.

      Delete
  2. When I talk about the beautiful story I mean the one that goes with "love you mom" kit. While i was rereading my reply i thought that wasen't that obvious so thats why I'm posting this quickly. Althought it says 13.17 time it's 22.30 here where I live so time to wrap up and go to bed otherwise the smile will be gone by the time my alarm goes of in the early morning ha ha. Wishing you the best !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry I knew what you meant. Hope you had a great sleep :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete