Newsletter Signup

Saturday, 19 November 2016

Do you Crochet?

Hello World!  I have a confession to make.  I am a craft supply hoarder.  My yarn and fabric in particular have taken over my home.  This holiday season I am challenging myself, and you too, to create holiday gifts using only what you have on hand.  No buying new supplies.  For me this will be a bit of a challenge because I tend to want the "perfect" fabric or yarn for each project.  That's how I got here ha ha.

I have only been crocheting for a year and a half so I am still new to it but I admit I am addicted.  This is a blanket I am making for my oldest girl.  She is 21 and she chose the colors.  I've started (not kidding here) 9 different blankets for her but because I want it to be perfect, I keep frogging them.  This current one is the only one to make it this far and will be the winner.  She is getting very frustrated with me and claims she doesn't care if I make mistakes or not :)  I feel that since she will keep this for the rest of her life and it will live somewhere in her home and hopefully be loved by her kids in the future, I want it to be perfect.  Here it is:


It's just over half finished now and will be big enough to cover a double bed when it's finished.  Perfect for cuddling under alone or with her future kids or hubby.

I am considering writing a pattern for it but really it's a very simple blanket.  Also, I am going to do a roundup of teen friendly free crochet projects for the holidays.  Maybe if that goes well or if I am feeling good about the post I will do some more round up posts.  Ideas are appreciated.

What are you working on for the holiday season?

Happy Crafting World!  

4 comments:

  1. Hey Tracy, I see that you haven't posted in a while. Just wanted to see if you are okay. Let us crafter's know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a super sweet thing to do!! I am good Monica, thanks so much for caring :) I have been crocheting a lot this Winter rather than designing digital scrap kits. I have quite a few crochet patterns designed but am just not sure how to release them. I'm trying to decide if I should start a new blog for crochet or just release them here. Decisions!!! Again, it truly means a lot to me that you left me this comment and I hope you have an amazing day :)

      Delete
  2. Your blanket looks beautiful. I'm sure your daughter is going to love it. Hang in there, it get's easier the longer you're at it. I've been crocheting for years, made afghans for the whole family and many friends. Of course, I stick to the easy patterns now that I am older. It's a lot of fun. Enjoy. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete